Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Sore Finger

Making good progress on my block and hopefully I will be starting the next one sometime this week too. Boy is my finger sore though! My middle finger looks like a pin cushion from my evening applique session.

Yesterday I wanted to start a couple of different projects so I could have something to work on that is not applique (machine or hand) so I spent time looking through some quilt books and working on designs in EQ but before I knew it the day was gone and I spent zero hours in front of the sewing machine. The Featherweight anyway, my poor Singer is sitting by the front door waiting to go to the The Sewing Machine Doctor.
Don't you just hate it when you want to do several things but you just can't seem to get started or even make a decision?
Maybe if I pull fabrics for the projects I would like to make and put together a kit with the pattern or name of the book and page of the project; or if it's a EQ project file I could print the quilt out. At least some of the decisions would already be made and I could just begin. Maybe.
Be sure and stop later in the week, I promise I'll have something else to show you besides the block above! There.... now I will have to make a decision. Lol

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

The block is taking shape. Decisions are hard for me sometimes and sometimes I know exactly what I want to do. Good luck with that decision!

Chris said...

Have you tried bag balm on your finger? It always helps when mine starts looking like a pin cushion.

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow...you made a lot of progress! That was fast!

Cathy said...

You are making great progress on that applique block. I end up the same way, sometimes. Though not so much on starting a project, more in the area of which one I want to work on.

Vicki H. said...

Looks great. I am having a day of lots of ideas but not a tons is getting done. Hey, it's a holiday form work so I guess I should just enjoy!

Tamera said...

Hope your finger feels better soon. I'm told you build up calluses after a while, but if you don't keep at it, the calluses go away and then you have to start all over, lol