Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Quilt Progress Update

Between gelled fuel and the D.O.T. it's a wonder I have anything done on this quilt. Monday morning in our area it was 10 below zero when we got up and my husband Pat's truck decided not to stay running, due to the fuel gelling up. Now he knew it was going to be cold and added fuel treatment and did other preventative things but the truck wouldn't start. Six hours later after hauling gallons of hot water and changing fuel filters and adding 8 jugs of Power Service Diesel 911 he was finally on his way.

Some sewing was done on Tuesday and then Wednesday I get an early morning call, he is about 30 miles away and his flashers quit working and his spare flasher didn't work and of course the DOT  were set up doing inspections, so he got pulled in and put out of service till I could get there with the new part. I didn't take a picture, I didn't think the troopers would like it. Lol. He was good to go after plugging in the part. Meanwhile I am gazing south (home is north) realizing I am five minutes away from my favorite quilt shop! But I resisted the temptation and headed back home and did a little sewing, a little knitting, and a little reading
I'm reading The Lover's Knot a quilt related mystery. I am enjoying the book and plan to read the rest of the series.

The mitten is coming along nicely too.

No comments: