Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Block Progress

Bouquet For A New Day block is progressing, I'll probably work on more leaves tonight while the football game is on. If you zoom in you'll see I appliqued two of the tiny circles. The larger one I tried using freezer paper, it came out too big though. The other small circle above the red flower bud, I used needle turn and that seemed to work a little better, so that is probably the process I will use. The other circles are larger and I will use my circles. If you have been following along it doesn't look like much changed but everything is stitched down now.

                                                                             Still working on the Feathered Star blocks by Kim Diehl. My foot pedal came on Friday  but it didn't fix my problem so I guess I'll be taking the Singer to the Sewing Machine Doctor on Monday. Very frustrating....
Sindy at Fat Cat Patterns has a new block of the month that I might make. Fiesta would sure look nice on my bed! She designed it for raw edge applique but you could make it anyway you prefer and she shows the quilt it several different colorways too.
Another pair of socks came off the needles last night! These are going to my sister-in-law. She had surgery last week, had some complications and had to have surgery again! Not fun at all.
Well the second game is about to start so I am going to grab my block and maybe some yarn and needles and  stitch and knit for awhile.
Hope you have a peacful weekend. I'll be back soon

No comments: