Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Progress of a sort

I have been spending a lot of time sewing or machine qulting this week and I have made some progress on my projects. Twenty out of thirty log cabin blocks are done.
I finished quilting all the pink on Shayla's quilt and have started quilting the rest of the blocks. That will involve thread color change so it will take a little longer.
Notice my worn out gloves? There is actually a hole in the thumb and I have been going to buy some Machingers gloves but these are fine for now.
Do you listen to music while you quilt? I have a stereo in my sewing room too but I love listening to music on my Ipod. Usually its classical or new age like Enya or new jazz like Norah Jones. I try to keep my machine quilting music on the calming side so I stay relaxed.















Yesterday I cut out the pieces for a simple strippy quilt for granddaughter Lorelai. I should be able to get that done this weekend unless my daughter goes into labor. Actually, I hope she does because the Doctor wants to induce her on Monday if baby doesn't arrive!
I still have one more grandson who needs a little nap quilt... so some Electric Quilt time will be happening this weekend too.





No comments: