Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

My thread has arrived!



The Bottom Line thread from Superior arrived in last nights mail! I am excited and a little nervous to get started on the quilting for A Trail to Eagle.
 This quilt is special and I  want the quilting to turn out well. The size is good, about 71 inches and I have my table all set except for the vinyl cover ( see my very first post). I am going to mark the geese border with undulating feathers. I am not too sure what to quilt in the triangles in the star border.Also, I am thinking  straight lines, perpendicular to the  final borders, keep it simple. Somehow though, I think trying to quilt straight lines  on a domestic machine may be challenging. I know I will never again try to quilt circles after ripping out all the nasty circles on my brother's quilt.

No comments: