Ten days till Christmas Eve! At least this year I am not trying to finish quilts. My granddaughter's quilt top was finished a few weeks ago and I might have tried to finish it but the batik I used for the sashing discharged color all over the quilt top when I wet it to remove the papers from the applique. I usually wash all my fabrics but I suppose this one slipped by. Once it is quilted it may not look as bad but for now I can't stand to look at it.
Saturday I finished quilting the blocks in Molly's Meadow and started ditch quilting around the applique. Because the border is red I chose a red 50 weight thread by Superior (John Flynn) and used a 50 weight cotton in the bobbin in beige. Lets just say the sewing session did not go well. The top thread started to shred and skip stitches. I tried all the usual: new needle, adust tension, clean the bobbin case, switched to a different red thread (sigh). Today I will try using the single hole throat plate, but I have had problems in the past using that. I'll let you know how it goes.
I have also been working on some new designs but I will save those for a another day.