Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Quilting Feathers

Life has been interupting my quilting lately but that's ok, family first I always say. David's quilt is coming along nicely. I looked at it for awhile, wondering what the heck I should do with it. I even emailed Joan from Leschenault, a fellow domestic machine quilter, and asked technical question. You should see her machine quilting by the way! Rather than ditch quilt the whole thing or just meander over the top I decided to put a feather in the red areas.
Here is a close up.

In this picture you can see the meandering stars I did in the blue areas.  You will probably have to click on it to make it larger in order to see the stars.This picture is actually the best one to see the true colors of the quilt.
It is so nice to be able to quilt without machine issues, thank you Sewing Machine Doctor! I am breaking thread every now and then, not enough get excited about, just a little annoying now and then.
I have been drawing in my sketchbook more. I really want to start working on more of my own designs. I do have my favorite quilt designers, and it is nice to have the hard stuff all figured out but there is something so satisfying about making a quilt from your very own design.

Hope you are all having a productive week. With Spring here officially and sweet little surprises in the garden now, my thoughts are turning to this year's garden. I have found that a lot of quilters are also gardeners. Do you agree?

No comments: