Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Design Wall Monday March 7, 2011

Well I had promised to have the top done by this morning and unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I couldn't do it.
I made progress though. I made the triangle pieces the way Kim Diehl instructs in the book, which ends up making the "geese" four layers thick. I suppose she did it that way because the pieces are 1 1/2 inches square and could be a challange for more beginning quilters. I used to make miniature quilts and worked with patches much smaller than that and I will likely change the pattern to regular templates next time. Don't forget to go to Judy's Patchwork Times and see what everyone has on their walls today.

5 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Looking good! 4 layer thick blocks would be tough to quilt. I actually have the same burgandy fabric in my scraps!

Chris said...

Since you did not get the quilt done, I can only hope we get to see it again. It is just beautiful.

Tamera said...

I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Melinda said...

What a beautiful quilt you are making. Love the applique design.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's good to have goals, but sometimes we just can't get there :) Looks great so far!