Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pin Basting

It has been a busy weekend with the grandchildren's softball games, yard work and gardening but I have found a little time for quilty stuff.
I have the next block of Bouquet for a New Day ready to applique. I put the previous six blocks on the design wall for motivation.

I also pieced the back and pin basted the Feather Stars wall hanging. I just have to trim the back and batting and then start machine quilting. If you have just found my blog, you can see the top on my design wall here

I also managed to find time to practice a little machine quilting. My quilting is much better when I try and practice a couple times a week.

Gardening has been at the top of my list the last couple of weeks; now that the weather is finally cooperating! Today I finished planting the raised bed garden. I used the square foot garden method. I can't wait to see if everything grows! I am sure some things are going to get crowded but I wanted to grow so many different things and I only had 48 squares. This is day one and if I think of it I will post pics of the garden's progress or lack of. :)

No comments: