Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

"We say we waste time, but that is imposssible. We waste ourselves" Alice Bloch

Or as I like to say... Shoulda, coulda, woulda. I should be done piecing the Eagle quilt. I could have finished if... and I would have finished if only... Blah, blah blah.
I have enough stars done for one top border but I wanted to get started on the paper pieced geese. Rather than make the geese into rectangular blocks I am going to sew them together and cut out long background pieces and sew them together.
I would rather piece the gentle curves than applique  the geese to the border.

While unsewing one of the white triangles I noticed my Hera marker nearby and I had an ah ha moment.  Now I can line up my pieces without holding it up to the light.


I like to block my star blocks.It is much easier than trying to press the little 5 inch suckers!

Wonky block
Pinned Pressed

Nice!

I dreamed a new quilt design last night, and I can't wait to start working on it... after the Eagle.

No comments: